- Avoid sun, tanning beds or the use for self tanning creams for 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Use SPF 30 sunblock in any treatment areas for 3 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid products that contain retinol, glycolics, salicylic acid,withc hazel,benzoyl peroxides, alcohol, vitamin C
- Do not use any steroid, anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen,aleve, motrin) 24 hours before treatment
****Shave the area that you are going to have treated one day prior to treatment (yes, this means your face and genital area)
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is expected, lasting 2-24 hours but can persist for up to 72 hours. Redness and mild swelling may accompany this but it usually resolves in 2-3 days
- Apply cooling to the treatment area for 10-15 minutes every hour for the next 4 hours as needed. You may take Advil/Motrin or Tylenol to treat mild discomfort.
Until redness has resolved, avoid the following:
- applying cosmetics to treated areas
- swimming, hot tubs, jacuzzis, saunas
- intense physical activities
- sun exposure
- aggressive scrubbing or exfoliating
Bathe or shower as usual
Appearance of hair growth or stubble may continue for 7-30 days after treatment. This is not new growth, but treated hairs being expelled from the skin.
Do not pick or pluck hairs or hyperpigmentation may result.
Recommended Hair Treatment follow-up Treatment Intervals:
- Face: 4 weeks
- Arms/underarms: 4-6 weeks
- Bikini line: 4-6 weeks
- Back: 8-10 weeks
- Legs: 8-10 weeks